From Exposed Roots: A Collective Census of Culture

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dimanche Matin









Horace  Trahan. We are related, through marriage but still related nonetheless. My pop's brother, who is my parrain- his wife is Horace's sister. When I moved here I had no sense of anything, it took a while to recalibrate my conversation skills. I never knew how to connect with people on a deeper level, only with time comes experience. When I had crossed paths with Joseph Vidrine once, I told him my relation to Horace. He told a story- "He was a janitor in my elementary school. One time he had found a baby bird that must've fallen out of a nest outside. He kept that little bird safe in his breast pocket on his shirt for the entire day. It would chirp and poke it's head out every once in a while." That is a very loose retelling of Joe's story, we were both saouléd. And if he ever tells it again, I want to make sure to get it down. Horace Trahan, Cajun prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment